We had her 4 month appointment today and she checked out good. It seems the nurse made a mistake last month at Molly's appointment with her weight. I thought it was wrong, but she insisted it was correct. At 3 months, they said she weighed 11 pounds 1 ounce, but now at 4 months she is weighing in at 10 pounds and 12 ounces. We think her 3 month weight was actually 10 pounds 1 ounce. This puts Molly below 5% for her weight. She is 24 inches tall which puts her 25-50% for weight and her head circumference was 25-50% as well. With all that being said, the doctor want to see Molly at 5 months to check her weight. She said Molly is gaining ok, but on the low end and just wants to make sure everything continues well. She would hate to wait until 6 months to weigh Molly again and find out there is a problem. I am okay with that! Some of her slow weight gain is probably due to her reflux, but since she is breastfed a lot of the time, it is hard to be sure what she is getting.
Molly is learning so much every day. She enjoys playing on the floor with all her toys, and especially enjoys toys that light up and play music. She is smiling all the time and very talkative. She wakes up in a good mood in the morning and talks until someone comes to get her...but don't take too long or she might get fussy! I really wish I knew what she was trying to say. She is rolling over, but not all together. She can roll over from her back to stomach and stomach to back. This morning was the first time I saw her roll completely over, and she was so proud of herself for doing it. She holds her head up extremely well now, and loves looking around at her surroundings. She doesn't like to nap for fear if missing out on something new and exciting. She still has a cranky period at night, but we are finding ways to distract her and it usually isn't horrible. She loves going out and riding in her stroller. She is a people watcher.
Molly is so wonderful and I still cant believe she is ours! I am amazed every day by her. I am so thankful God entrusted this sweet little girl to Brandon and I and I pray daily that we are able to raise her according to His will.
Can't wait for the next few months as the holidays approach. It will so exciting to see Molly as she experiences new things!
| Happy 4 months Molly! |
| First time in the bumbo....she's getting used to it |
| SO CUTE! |
| Very focused on her toys!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment