After playing and sleeping in prep, we finally were taken back to the OR. I was able to carry Molly into the OR and hold her while she fell asleep. She did not have to have an IV for this procedure and was put under anesthesia by mask. She was not happy and fought sleep very hard.
We waited about 20 minutes in post op for the doctor to come update us, then Molly was quickly brought back as well. Those 20 minutes seemed like forever considering the nurses and doctor had said it would take about 5 minutes.
Dr. Thomsen has been fabulous. When he came to see us after surgery, he said there had been a ton of fluid and gunk in Molly's ear and he was confident in the decision we had made to do the tubes. This was very reassuring considering I had been on the fence about the procedure originally.
Molly did not wake up from the anesthesia well this time. WHen she had the tear duct procedure, Molly had to be woken by the nurse and was happy and smiling immediately. Not so this time. Molly came back from the OR and was thrashing around immediately, The nurse gave her to me to hold and it was so pitiful to not be able to calm and comfort her. She wasn't truly awake so she didn't calm easily. She was screaming and thrashing around and was miserable! After around 10 minutes of misery she began to wake and was able to drink her juice and eat something. I so love my mom!! She thinks of everything. She thought to bring Molly some juice in her own sippy cup and some snacks... cheese, banana, and crackers. I only thought to bring juice! Molly loved her snack and we were quickly on our way home!!
The rest of the day went well...with only a little extra fussiness.
Since surgery Molly has seemed to do well! She is already making more sounds and trying to say more words. We are very hopeful that as the recovery continues she will continue to learn new words and get back on track!
![]() |
| playing basketball in pre-op |
![]() |
| Not too happy with the id band |
![]() |
| waiting patiently... |
![]() |
| hiding from everyone |
![]() |
| catching a quick pe-op nap |





I had no idea you were going through all of this with poor Molly. I mean, I knew about the tubes, but not the stomach bug and everything. I was wondering if it was a bug or reaction to the Omnicef. Poor Molly!!! And poor you! Hope you are all on the fast track to being healthy and talkative!
ReplyDelete