Molly has had some issues with her tear duct in her right eye. It has been clogged for a while, probably since birth, and unfortunately never opened on its own. So, on Thursday March 15, Molly had to have surgery to open the duct. While it is a very very minor procedure, this mommy was very nervous and dreaded the day. Molly was not allowed to have anything to eat after midnight the night before surgery. I was able to nurse her until 2:45am the morning of surgery and she could have clear fluids until 4:45am. You better believe I woke Molly up at 2:30am and nursed her. She had eaten at 8pm the night before and there was no way I was going to make my little girl go until after surgery without eating. She woke up early that morning, but was surprisingly in a good mood and didn't seem to bother by not eating. We left the house around 6:15am and drove to the surgery center at Meridian Mark. Its located next to Scottish Rite Children's Hospital, and her doctor preferred to be there just in case.
Once in pre-op, Molly began to let us know she was tired and hungry and ready to go home! Unfortunately, the surgeon was running behind and Molly's surgery was over a hour later than planned. Luckily, she was able to get a short nap in her daddy's arms.
I carried Molly to the OR and was able to sit with her and love on her as they put her to sleep. They used the gas to put her under and never had to start and IV... just to show you how minor the procedure really was!
Molly did fabulously with the surgery and woke up from the anesthesia smiling! I was shocked by this because I had been warned by several people that the wake up process can be brutal.
So far, Molly seems to be doing great, The constant tearing of her right eye is gone and she doesnt wake up with her eye sealed shut with gunk. The doctor did say we wouldn't know for sure if the procedure was completely successful for a month or two as the duct could heal shut at that point.
We are praying that the surgery was successful and that our princess wont need any further surgeries. We are so thankful for all the friends and family that prayed for Molly and us during the surgery. I know I felt a little more at peace that day then I thought I would.
| In my gown |
| So cute and pitiful |
| After the doctor marked which eye... |
| Time to go home! |
| Mommy needed some cuddles! |
No comments:
Post a Comment