In the spring, I bought the kid seats that go on the big potty. I was NOT going to use those little potty seats and have to clean them out....that is so gross to me. One night, I sat it on the potty and asked Molly if she wanted to sit on it and she said yes! We sat her on the potty and guess what?! She peed! We clapped and told her good job and then went on with bath time and bed. THe next evening, we did the same thing and again...she peed! Yay!! Molly knew what to do on the potty. This was huge.
Over the next few months, we had the potty seats in her bathroom and downstairs and she would periodically go potty during the day, We never pushed her to do it, but let her go when she wanted and just put her diaper back on after. Some days she would go several times and some days only once or twice.
Sometime in August, I realized Molly was using the potty almost all day and only using 1 or 2 diapers throughout the day, so I knew the time was coming. Since I do work 2 days a week, I wanted to request a stretch off to be able to do the training without burdening my mom too much. I took Molly to the store and we picked out panties she liked and we bought treats. Finally, the week came. I was off Monday through Friday one week so on October 16th, 2013, we started potty training!!
Molly did great....one day 1, we stayed home all day...Molly never had a single pee pee accident that day, but she did poop in her panties. That has and still is our biggest struggle. Day 2 included a quick trip to the gym for swim lessons followed by confining ourselves to the house again. Molly did well again and only had 1 accident all day! Day 3 was the real test! W had therapy that morning followed by errands and would be out most of the day until nap time. Molly continued to rock it and only had a small accident at the mall. I probably wasnt paying enough attention and all of the sudden Molly said " I wet". I immediately took her to a bathroom where she went potty. She had caught herself on only wet a little bit!
Since that week, we have had a few small accidents and lots of poop in her panties! My mom managed to get her to poop on the potty the next week and we have made a lot of progress. She will regularly go on the potty and occasionally wakes with a dirty diaper or has a small accidnet during the day,
We still use pull ups at nap time and a diaper at night although she almost always wakes up clean and dry.
| Trying to get used to the new panties... |
![]() |
| Finger-painting turned body-painting....trying to stay entertained during the training! |
| Going potty! So proud of herself!! |


No comments:
Post a Comment