Friday, October 9, 2015

Scarlett 2 months

Oh Scarlett!  I cannot believe you are 2 months old....and a hard 2 months it has been.  
At 1 month, we started Scarlett on prilosec for reflux.  I was so hopeful that this was going to make her much more comfortable and happier as she had been such an uncomfortable and unhappy little one.  Well, not so much.  At 6 weeks, I called the pediatrician's office because I felt Scarlett was in was too much pain and uncomfortable.  They had us come in for a weight check and she had gained good weight. She was 8 lbs 5 oz.  Dr Fearing is very used to me being calm and go with the flow with these babies... so she knew when I called saying something wasn't right something was up.  She examined Scarlett and was very concerned about her spitting up ( more like projectile vomiting) and general unhappiness.  While I know some babies are colicky, this was so much more.  We were sent for an abdominal ultrasound to rule out some issues including pyloric stenosis.  Thankfully everything came back normal so we were referred to GI. I was lucky to get an appointment for the following week. The GI appointment was interesting.  Dr Liu discussed everything with us and agreed with the medication Scarlett was on.  He did add in some probiotics and also said we could give her mylanta up to 4 times a day for discomfort.  I left there feeling hopeful that we were gonna figure this out and have a happier Scarlett. We seem to have good days and rough days with her.  She is so uncomfortable much of the time and it makes me sad.  
At 2 months, Scarlett weighs in at 9 lbs 2 oz and was 22.5 inches long.  this puts her at 48% for length and 8% for weight.  Sweet girl is growing well and keeping up her curve!  She is still wearing newborn clothing and diapers although we are transitioning to size 1 diapers now. She has already seen her share of specialists... she wants to meet all Molly's doctors as soon as possible.  She went to GI and had an appointment with the ENT.  The ENT clipped both her upper lip frenulum and tongue tie.  It made an immediate difference in her nursing both in comfort level for me and time it took to feed.  She was so pitiful in the office for the procedure between being hungry and then the procedure itself.  She did so well for being so young but momma did not like going through it!

he loves her hands!
 We participated in the parent child dedication at our church as well the Sunday after she turned 2 months. We have made this commitment with both our girls and it is very important to us.  I hope we are able to remain Godly influences in these girls lives and raise them to know and love God.


Sweet time with Kayla, Nini and Nana

Love this princess

No comments:

Post a Comment