Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Scarlett- 3 months!

Wow...this has been the busiest, craziest 3 months.  Scarlett has definitely kept us busy and on our toes.  We are still dealing with the reflux and she has really been struggling.  It hurts my heart to watch her in pain and so uncomfortable.  So recap on the last month... Scarlett has still been uncomfortable and crabby but we have been learning how to deal with it and make her as comfortable as possible.  Some of the tips from the doctors that we have been doing include napping in the swing where she is upright, holding her upright after feeds for at least 30 minutes and avoiding the carseat as much as possible immediately after feeds.  We also have made it a point to dress her in mainly one piece outfits so that there is no additional pressure on her little tummy. I also had to go back to work the day after Scarlett turned 3 months.  The week I was returning to work, I started panicking about everything and decided I needed to get Scarlett in for a weight check.  I just didn't think she was growing much and wanted peace of mind before heading back to work.  I took her in to the per to check her weight and I am so thankful I followed my gut.  Little bit has only gained 2 ounces in 20 days....not acceptable at all.  Luckily, when Brandon made the weight check appointment for me, the scheduled it with the doctor even though I was just planning on a quick check with the nurse.  I am so thankful Dr Fearing was there and able to talk with us.  She helped us come up with a plan to get through the next 2 weeks before we returned to GI.  We started giving Scarlett 2 bottles a day of increased calorie feedings.  I also went home and immediately called lactation to set up an appointment to check and make sure everything was going well there.  Thankfully, they were able to see us the next day and it was with the same lactation nurse we saw at 2 weeks.  The lactation appointment went well and she helped me come up with a plan as well to continue breastfeeding as much as possible and increase Scarlett's intake if possible. After these 2 appointments, I returned to work the next day.  It has been so hard returning to work.  I miss my girls so much but I am so thankful for my mom taking care of them and for the ability to work part time.  




No comments:

Post a Comment