Monday, May 11, 2015

The Hospital Stay

We stayed 4 nights in the hospital... we stayed the extra night so that I could have more time to get my pain levels under control.  While I was not in any terrible pain, I was requiring my meds on time every time and even the slightest deviation was terrible.  So thankful for the fabulous nurses we had that helped me stay on top of things and always had my meds ready! This experience was so much better than with Molly.  While we had a pretty good experience with her, our nurses were just fantastic this time and I didn't have the issues I had with Molly.  
Scarlett got to meet lots of family members the day she was born.  My sister, mom and Molly all came up together.  Shortly after we spent some time with Molly and Scarlett, Brandon's parents, sister and brother in law came.  They stayed for a little while and then everyone left so momma and baby could get some much needed rest.

Nini, Molly and Scarlett
Grandma Jill and Scarlett

Granddaddy and Scarlett
Somehow we didn't get a picture of Scarlett with her aunts.  Stephanie was so busy helping me manage with Molly and getting me things.  She seemed to know what I might need before I could figure it out.... maybe having had 3 babies before helps? 
Moly and my mom came to the hospital every day we were there.  I was so thankful my mom was so willing to bring Molly every day.  We didn't deliver at the closest hospital to our house so it was a bit of a drive.  I think it really helped Molly transition so well to being a big sister.
Day 2- more time loving on her sister

Day 3- so in love

Day 4- Scarlett was wearing one of Molly's baby outfits

Spending time with Nini

 I really enjoyed the daily visit with Molly and my mom.  I helped make being away from Molly a little easier and it was so sweet to watch her excitement each day as she came to see her sister. We gave Molly a small gift each day she came to visit.  She was so excited and felt so special... not to mention the spoiling she was getting at grandma's house.  



No comments:

Post a Comment